CONGRATULATIONS! You have been selected to become a member of
the BYSA Academy Soccer Team for the 2013-2014 Fall/Spring soccer season. Many players try out each year for the BYSA Academy team;
you can be proud that the BYSA Academy coaches have invited you to
become a part of this select soccer program.
As a member of the BYSA Academy team, you will play other select teams in or out of the Metropolitan Atlanta area, participating in area (and perhaps national) tournaments with other competitive teams, and possibly competing for the State of Georgia championship in your age division. We look forward to having you become a part of a fine
Being a member of the BYSA Academy Soccer team is an honor, but it also requires of you a special commitment. If you have been playing soccer at the recreational level, little may have been required of you.
If you decide to move up to the more competitive, select level of youth soccer, you will be expected to make certain commitments to your coaches, your team and yourself. At this level of competition, success and fun on the soccer field do not come without some extra effort. The will to win is not enough; you must also have the will to prepare to
win. We are speaking of more than just the effort it takes to show up at the soccer field on the day of the game. We are talking now about the kind of effort that involves hard work, choices about the way in which you wish to spend your free time, and perhaps some sacrifices on your part. Before you accept this invitation to become part of the BYSA Academy Soccer team, consider carefully the following commitments which each BYSA Academy Soccer team member must make. If you are not willing to make this commitment, then perhaps you should not move beyond recreational soccer. If you are willing to make this commitment, then we believe that we can help you become a better soccer player and a contributing member of a competitive soccer program. As coaches, we commit to you that we also will work hard to help you improve your skills, gain in your knowledge of the game, and make practices a worthwhile experience. People very seldom are successful at anything unless they can have fun doing it. We will expect you to work hard, but we will make every effort to see to it that you have fun also. We believe that many good soccer experiences lie ahead of you. We hope that you will decide to sign the
BYSA Academy Soccer Commitment to Excellence.
Here follows the player commitment letter:
As a BYSA Academy Soccer player, I understand that the difference between being ordinary and being extra-ordinary is a little extra effort. I understand that wanting to win on the day of the game is worth nothing unless I have the will to prepare to win before the day of the game, so that I might be the best player and team member that I am capable of becoming.
I promise to do the following:
1. I promise to arrange my schedule so that I can come to practice regularly and on time, and to participate in scheduled games and tournaments.
2. I promise to work hard at practice to improve my soccer skills and my understanding of the game.
3. I promise that, at practice, I will give the coaches my full
attention. When the coaches are talking, I will stop talking, keep my ears open, and my eyes on the coaches. I will not distract others during the practice session.
4. I promise to do whatever is asked of me on the soccer field, without complaining, for the good of the team.
5. I promise always to encourage, and never to criticize, my teammates.
6. I promise always to hustle, and never to quit, until the game is over.
7. I promise to come to each game, on time, well rested, and with an attitude that says -- "It may be difficult, but I believe
that we can win."
SIGNED: BYSA ACADEMY PLAYER
As a BYSA Academy parent, I pledge my support for my child in meeting this commitment.
SIGNED: BYSA ACADEMY PARENT
The following items should be kept in your equipment bag at all times:
1. Alternate uniform
2. Soccer ball
3. Soccer shoes
4. Shin guards
5. Extra pair of socks
6. Hair items
7. Band aids, tape, bee sting ointment, sun screen, etc
Whenever a BYSA Academy player is in uniform, she is
representing the Team and she should wear the uniform properly and with pride.
Home/Away games wear Blue Jersey
White is alternate jersey
1. Jerseys will always be tucked into shorts whenever you are wearing the uniform (not just during the game). Black compression shorts/sliding pants are allowed.
2. Uniform socks will be pulled up whenever you have them on. Shin guards must always be covered by socks.
3. Arrive at games fully dressed, with shoes on and tied.
4. Have your equipment bag with you at all practices and games. Put bags carefully in a row on the sidelines at all games. Keep bags in a proper team location at practice.
5. Make sure cleats are clean before games.
6. Leave your rings, watches, necklaces, bracelets, earrings, other jewelry and hairpins at home or in your equipment bags.